- Chapter 17: Private Placements and Limited Offerings of Securities ... exemptions from registration that may be available for private placements or limited offerings of securities.
- Chapter 24: Operating in Other States: ... new and revised sections on change in the state of the organization, qualified foreign entities, due process and the commerce clause as it pertains to state taxation of nonresident business.
- Chapter 34: Patents ... new and revised sections on judicial exceptions to statutory classes, limitations on remedies - notice and marking, limitations of patent rights discussing patent exhaustion and ownership assignments and licensing.
- Chapter 46: Structuring the Business Sale: Tax issues ... discusses the tax consequences of bootstrap sales, the manner in which the sales price for a business is paid, the tax treatment of business acquisition costs the taxation of earnings on any funds escrowed in connection with a business sale
Friday, May 21, 2010
These chapters have been revised for 2010 --
Monday, May 10, 2010
Highlights of the lastest release (130) include:
- Top Cases (Chapter Top 2009, vol. 1)
- Powell in the Courts (Chapter pc2009, vol. 1)
- Eminent Domain (Updates to Chapter 79F)
- New HUD Booklet for Compliance with RESPA (vol. 1, practice guide 3)
- Updated discussion of residency restrictions for sex offenders (Sec. 79D.07[h])
- The second in the Wolf Family Lecture Series on the American Law of Real Property on THE RIGHT TO EXCLUDE by Professor Gregory S. Alexander.
Monday, May 3, 2010
The Law Library has filed the latest release to this publication. Highlights include information on Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), which has recently taken effect and makes it illegal to discriminate against employees or applicants because of their genetic information. Release 44 also covers recent case law developments on significant issues such as:
- Denial of FMLA leave
- Hiring standards
- Discriminatory failure to promote
- "Cat's paw" theory in discriminatory discharge cases
- Gender Stereotyping claims
- Retaliatory acts
- Mandatory retirement for public safety officers
- Same-sex harassment
- Medical examinations under ADA
- Affirmative action plans